FAIR is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Translation Errors from the KJV/Further Reading
FAIR Answers Wiki Table of Contents <onlyinclude>
FairMormon Answers articles
Book of Mormon/Anachronisms Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Biblical
The "Joseph Smith Translation" of the Bible
Summary: Video published by BYU Religious Education.
Jump to Subtopic:
- Joseph Smith's corrections to the Bible do not match known Biblical manuscripts
- Use of the Joseph Smith translation of the Bible
- Relationship of the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible to the Book of Mormon
- Relationship of the Joseph Smith Translation to the Book of Abraham
- Accusations of Plagiarism Leveled Against the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
FairMormon web site
|Book of Mormon and KJV Bible text FairMormon articles on-line|
|Book of Mormon and KJV Bible text on-line articles|
|Book of Mormon and KJV Bible text printed materials|
- Michael Hickenbotham, Answering Challenging Mormon Questions: Replies to 130 Queries by Friends and Critics of the LDS Church (Horizon Publishers & Distributors, 1995) (now published by Cedar Fort Publisher: Springville, UT, 2004),193–196. ISBN 0882905368. ISBN 0882907786. ISBN 0882907786. (Key source)
- Stephen D. Ricks, "The Translation and Publication of the Book of Mormon," Provo, Utah: FARMS, 1994.
- Royal Skousen, "Towards a Critical Edition of the Book of Mormon," Brigham Young University Studies 30 no. 1 (Winter 1990), 41–69.
- Royal Skousen, "Translating the Book of Mormon: Evidence from the Original Manuscript," in Book of Mormon Authorship Revisited: The Evidence for Ancient Origins, edited by Noel B. Reynolds, (Provo, Utah : Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, 1997), Chapter 4. ISBN 093489325X ISBN 0934893187 ISBN 0884944697. off-site GL direct linkGospeLink (requires subscrip.)
- John W. Welch, The Sermon at the Temple and the Sermon on the Mount: A Latter-day Saint Approach (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book and FARMS, 1990), 130-44.