FAIR is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Biblical Keys for Discerning True and False Prophets/Tests
Revision as of 09:07, 30 June 2017 by FairMormonBot (Bot: Automated text replacement (-== ==\n +))
Bible Tests for True and False Prophets
|Of True||Of False|
Wherefore, by their fruits shall ye know them.
Claims a True Prophet must make
- Revelation and Vision
- Chosen by God
- Ordained by prophesy and the laying on of hands by those in authority
Teaching of Christ
- Christ ordained by God to judge all men, and
- Teaches belief on him for remission of sins
- Testifies that Jesus is "come in the flesh"
- Apostles and prophets given "till we all come in a unity of the faith"
- Accepts the Biblical God
Character of Teaching
- Preaches Repentance
- Teaches of one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all
- Teaches by the spirit, so that your faith stands in the power of God
- Opens understanding of the scriptures
- Teaching consistent with scripture
- Provides knowledge of the heavenly council
- Provides knowledge of the Lord's covenant
- They teach their followers to expect trials in this life
- Seeks to please God, not men
- Teaches with authority, and not as a scribe
- They lead as willing ensamples to the flock, not for filthy lucre
- Recognizes and is united with authorized prophets
- They admit to being men of passion, like us, liable to sin
- God bears them witness with signs and gifts of the Holy Ghost according to his own will
- A prophet may do works none other man did.
- Teaches that the investigators must keep his words to learn the truth of them.
- Teaches that we must pray
- Over time, arguments against a prophet fail, and demonstrate confusion