Come, Follow Me Week 40
by David W. Smith
From the beginning of his presidency, President Russell M. Nelson has repeatedly emphasized the blessings of temple service. In his very first address as President of the Church he said:
As a new Presidency, we want to begin with the end in mind. For this reason, we’re speaking to you today from a temple….The ordinances of the temple and the covenants you make there are key to strengthening your life, your marriage and family, and your ability to resist the attacks of the adversary. Your worship in the temple and your service there for your ancestors will bless you with increased personal revelation and peace and will fortify your commitment to stay on the covenant path.
(“As We Go Forward Together,” Ensign, April 2018)
- Question: How many visions of heavenly beings did Joseph Smith actually have and what was the nature of their visits?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith make an error by claiming that Elias and Elijah are two different people, when they are in fact one and the same?
- Question: Are Elohim and Jehovah the same deity?
- The purpose of the Kirtland Temple
- Question: When did Joseph Smith demonstrate knowledge of the elements of the endowment ritual?