"The Son of Man Shall Come"
FAIR Faithful Resources for Come, Follow Me 2023 May 22–28. Joseph Smith—Matthew 1; Matthew 24–25; Mark 12–13; Luke 21: “The Son of Man Shall Come.” Find answers to difficult questions to help you in your learning and teaching. Here is a collection of reliable resources to supplement your study of Joseph Smith—Matthew 1; Matthew 24–25; Mark 12–13; Luke 21. FAIR Resources link to relevant questions which have been answered on the FAIR website. Under Church Resources you’ll find links to the different Come, Follow Me manuals, as well as other helpful links as applicable. Other Resources link to resources outside of FAIR that are trustworthy and helpful.
Main points to ponder
Jesus promised, “Heaven and earth shall pass away; yet my words shall not pass away. … And whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived” (Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:35, 37). How can the commotion and chaos of the world inspire us to put our faith in something permanent?
- Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:26–27, 38–55; Matthew 25:1–13; Luke 21:29–36
- Elder D. Todd Christofferson “Preparing for the Lord’s Return”
- Russell M. Nelson, “Embrace the Future with Faith”
What does it mean to be ready to receive the Savior when he comes?
Faithful Resources on the FAIR website:
- Question: Why don’t Mormons use the “Joseph Smith Translation” as its official Bible?
- Question: Is the Church “embarrassed” by the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible?
- Question: What have Church leaders said about the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible?
- Was Joseph Smith Influenced by Outside Sources in his Translation of the Bible?
- Question: Do Mormons believe in the “rapture”?
- End-Times Prophecy
- “Have You Been Saved By Grace?” How Do We Respond?
Be sure to listen to Jennifer Roach’s presentation for this week!
- Conference Talks
- Elder David A. Bednar: Converted Unto the Lord
- President Dallin H. Oaks: Preparation for the Second Coming
- Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf: Out Heartfelt All
- Elder Clark G. Gilbert: Becoming More in Christ: The Parable of the Slope
- Elder O. Vincent Haleck: The Heart of the Widow
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: The Grandeur of God
- Elder Neil L. Anderson: Preparing the World for the Second Coming
Joseph Smith’s Matthew
Lydia Martin recently graduated from BYU–Idaho with a degree in English. She enjoys reading and writing in her free time. While working for the Wilford Woodruff Papers Project, she has found a lot of joy in learning so much about Church history, and she has felt like she is coming to know the wonderful leaders of the past.
“When the World Is Ending around You”
By Lydia Martin
One of my greatest fears is the end of times. Today, I worry about bringing children into a world where schools are filled with temptation and the world is filled with war and disease. While pondering this I came across a quote in the Wilford Woodruff Papers: “The mob used every exertion to take the life of Joseph and others; but through the mercy of God in whose hands their lives were their enemies did not succeed in this.”1
Joseph Smith’s life was constantly being threatened, the Saints had an execution order against them, and the whole world seemed against them. However, they still brought children into the world because it was God’s command, and they knew He would be merciful and protect them. I’m grateful for the reminder Wilford’s documents provide that God will care for us, even when the world seems to end just around us. He will always be there for us, even as the world changes and develops. God’s constant love will be enough for us to face the world and bring more of His children into the world.
“And you also shall hear of wars, and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled, for all I have told you must come to pass; but the end is not yet.”2
- Autobiography 1883 Tullidge’s Quarterly Magazine Notes 1, p. 5, The Wilford Woodruff Papers.
- Joseph Smith Translation, Matthew 1:23 (see also Matthew 24:6).
Faithful Resources, and Faithful Resources. Also, Faithful Resources therefore Faithful Resources. But without Faithful Resources you’ll need Faithful Resources; because Faithful Resources help. Twelve apostles give Faithful Resources, therefore Faithful Resources abound. Since Faithful Resources at Faithful Resources then Faithful Resources because Faithful. Resources at Faithful Resources as Faithful Resources are Faithful Resources therefore Faithful Resources. Again, Faithful Resources Faithful Resources Faithful Resources Faithful Resources Faithful Resources Faithful Resources Faithful Resources. Since Faithful Resources then Faithful Resources.