FAIR is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Category:Early Mormonism and the Magic World View
Responses to claims made in Early Mormonism and the Magic World View, by D. Michael Quinn.
Pages in category "Early Mormonism and the Magic World View"
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Question: Did Joseph Smith attempt to "cover up" Oliver Cowdery's work with a divining rod by changing the wording of the revelation that became Doctrine and Covenants 8:6–8?
- Question: Didn't Hugh Nibley claim that a record of this trial would be "the most damning evidence in existence" against Joseph Smith?
- Question: How was the wording of the "rod of nature" revelation that became Doctrine and Covenants 8:6–8 altered over time?
- Question: Was a "vagabond fortune-teller" named Walters Joseph Smith's "mentor"?
- Question: What happened to Josiah Stowell? Did he conclude he had been defrauded after the court hearing?
- Question: What is Joseph Smith's 1826 South Bainbridge "trial" for "glasslooking"?