FAIR is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The use of the term "angel" to refer to Deity in the First Vision
See FairMormon Evidence:
More evidence of the use of the term "angels" to refer to Deity in the First Vision
Pages in category "First Vision/Angels"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Brigham Young (1855): "The Lord did not come with the armies of heaven...But He did send His angel to this same obscure person, Joseph Smith jun"
- John Taylor (2 March 1879): "the Father and the Son...came to Joseph Smith" and "the Prophet Joseph asked the angel"
- Joseph Smith (9 Nov. 1835): "a personage appeard in the midst of this pillar of flame...another personage soon appeard like unto the first...and I saw many angels in this vision"
- Joseph Smith's First Vision/Criticisms of the First Vision/The first and second visitation of angels
- Source:Hyde:JD 6:61:Hyde:why did not the Saviour come himself to communicate this intelligence to the world