FAIR is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Topical Guide/Doctrinal issues/Word of Wisdom
Jump to Subtopic:
- Changes in the way the Word of Wisdom was implemented over time
- Joseph Smith and the Word of Wisdom
- Brigham Young and the Word of Wisdom
- Modern day implementation of the Word of Wisdom
- Handbook 2: "The only official interpretation of “hot drinks” (D&C 89:9) in the Word of Wisdom is the statement made by early Church leaders that the term “hot drinks” means tea and coffee"
- Revelations in Context: "Nevertheless, it required time to wind down practices that were so deeply ingrained in family tradition and culture"