FAIR is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
This category includes all essays.
Pages in category "Essays"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Question: Did Joseph Smith have a long history of "womanizing" before practicing plural marriage?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith produce any children by his plural wives: The case for children
- Question: Did Joseph Smith produce any children by his plural wives? The case against children
- Question: Did Joseph Smith violate marriage laws in Ohio by performing marriages?
- Question: Was Joseph Smith's relationship with Fanny Alger an affair, or was it actually his first plural marriage?
- Question: What do we know about Joseph Smith's "polyandrous" sealings or plural marriages?
- Question: What do we know about whether or not Joseph Smith fathered any children by his plural wives?
- Question: What is the current state of the evidence for proving or disproving that Joseph Smith had children by his plural wives?
- Question: When and how did plural marriage begin in the Church?
- Question: When Joseph Smith performed the marriage of Newel Knight and Lydia Bailey, were they guilty of bigamy since Lydia had not been formally divorced from her previous husband?