“Continue Ye in My Love”
FAIR Faithful Resources for Come, Follow Me 2023 June 5–11. John 14–17: “Continue Ye in My Love.” Find answers to difficult questions to help you in your learning and teaching. Here is a collection of reliable resources to supplement your study of John 14–17. FAIR Resources link to relevant questions which have been answered on the FAIR website. Under Church Resources you’ll find links to the different Come, Follow Me manuals, as well as other helpful links as applicable. Other Resources link to resources outside of FAIR that are trustworthy and helpful.
Main points to ponder
An if/then statement is a logical statement that expresses a conditional relationship between two parts: the “if” clause and the “then” clause. It’s a way of describing a cause-and-effect relationship or a condition and its consequence. Consider some of the if/then statements the Savior uses in this week’s reading:
- “If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also” (John 14:7)
- “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” (John 7:14)
- “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)
- “If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father.” (John 14:28)
- “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15:7)
- “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10)
- “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.” (John 15:14)
What can these statements teach us about our relationship with Christ? What do they teach us about his love?